Day Nine: Two Drills and a Game
5/18/22 Blog Written: 8:30pm Start: 9:20am End: 4:00pm Today’s Time: 6h20m Total Time: 56h30m Today, we did a drill in the morning. Chris said that he fell in a game, and that his ankle was in excruciating pain. So since he was able to tell me what happened, and that we were inside, that ensured scene is safe and the ABCDEs. After that, I moved on to asking history questions, like what happened, did you hear or feel anything when you fell, and was your foot planted(emphasis on this one because he does have a history with injuries relating to having a planted foot). Then to observations, like swelling, discoloration, and deformity. Then we stopped at palpations, because I “felt” a spongy part on his fibula, also he yelped out in pain, which is also a pretty good indication that there is a very possible fracture. Then, a few minutes later, Chris collapsed, but he was still breathing and had a heart rate. But while I was doing a chunk test(poking around to feel for any deformities...
Aspen-
ReplyDeleteI'm so impressed with the amount of information you are absorbing and how seriously you
are studying the ways that are important for successful taping. After reading your comments, I can assure you if I ever had need of someone to tape a fall or injured bone, I wouldn't hesitate having
you do it! What useful information you are getting.
What an amazing first day! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete